Residential park support


Finding your perfect park home FAQs

Where can I view a Tingdene park home/lodge?

You can view our full range of available park homes and lodges on our website. You can also visit our indoor showroom in Wellingborough where we have a selection of our homes/lodges on display. A member of our team would be happy to show you around. 

Are park homes/leisure lodges wheelchair accessible?

Our homes/lodges can be specially adapted for those with additional needs. We will provide you with a consultation to discuss relevant modifications. We will try our best to provide you with a home/lodge that suits your individual living requirements. 

Can I customise my home/lodge?

Yes, we offer free design consultations to get your home/lodge looking exactly as you’d like it. We will try our best to accommodate any changes or adaptations you’re looking to make. We also have a new interior design area at our showroom so that you can view our samples and get a feeling for what you’d like in your home/lodge.  

How long does it take from order to make a Tingdene home/lodge?

Our manufacturing process varies depending on model, size and design. The time it takes from order relates more to the production slots we currently have available. A member of our sales team will be able to advise you about this.  



Do I have to organise the transport of the home/lodge?

If your home/lodge is going to a park you do not need to organise your own transport.

When purchasing your home, we will, along with your park manager, arrange for the home to be delivered, sited, leveled and made watertight. We then arrange for our team of Aftersales engineers to attend to complete a PDI (post delivery inspection) making the home ready for you to move in to. We take care of this process for you to give you peace of mind.


If the home/lodge is for your own land we can point you in the direction of experienced transportation and siting companies. They can arrange for the home to go from our manufacturing facility straight to its new base. This again includes the transport/siting team making the home up, level and watertight. Our team of Aftersales engineers will then attend to complete a PDI (post delivery inspection) making the home ready for you to move in to.

Please note you would be responsible for the cost, ensuring everything your end is ready and communicate along the way with dates, connections of services etc. For more information please contact our sales team, they’ll provide a more detailed description of this process.


What does BS3632 mean?

The BSI – British Standards Institute is a UK body who produce a range of standards for businesses and products to ensure they are fit for purpose. BS3632 is the standard for residential park homes, these homes need to fit a specific criterion to qualify. These standards ensure the home is fit for permanent residency. Both our park homes and leisure lodges are built to the BS3632 standard.

What is the environmental impact of park homes/lodges?

All of our homes and lodges achieve and exceed the BS3632 standard which aims to minimise their environmental impact. 

Are park homes or leisure lodges insulated for all seasons?

Yes, all of our park homes and lodges are built to BS3632 standards meaning they are fit for year-round occupancy. Insulated to keep your homes/lodges warm in the winter and cool in the summer. 

How secure are park homes/leisure lodges?

All of our homes and lodges are fitted with the same door and window fixtures you would expect to see in a bricks and mortar property. This makes them just as secure to traditional homes. 

Can I move a park home or leisure lodge at a later date?

Yes, however this is rare as most homes/lodges are typically bricked up to the underside, decked or skirted. However, homes/lodges can be moved somewhere else if required. We would not be able to arrange this however we can put you in touch with the transport and siting teams we work with who will be able to discuss this further and answer any queries. 

Own land FAQs

What do I need to have ready for my home/lodge before it arrives?

By the time your home/lodge is ready to come to site it's important that all services are installed and awaiting connection to your home. This can take a while to complete, especially if you are having new services installed by the relevant utility companies.

Your home also needs to sit on a concrete base and we would always recommend that the base is poured and fully cured before the home is arrived. Concrete takes a while to fully harden, we'd always recommend that your base has at least 3-4 weeks minimum curing time before the home is sited. We can provide indicative typical base details - subject to ground conditions.

Can I buy a home or lodge for my own land?

Yes you can, however, the process is a bit different to purchasing a home/lodge for a park. Don’t worry we’ll be on hand to help. We recommend getting in touch with us to discuss your plans so we can establish what needs to be organised to ensure the process runs smoothly. We’ve created a whole guide about purchasing a home/lodge for your own land, you can learn more here.


Park FAQs

What happens if a park home/leisure lodge resident decides to sell their home?

A park home/leisure lodge resident has the right to sell their home without your permission and approval, provided the home was acquired on or after the 26th May 2013. However, the new buyer must meet all of the relevant site rules. Once the buyer confirms the wish to proceed with the sale, then the current property owner will need to complete a ‘notice of proposed sale’ form. This will give you confirmation of the sale price, any commission you’ll receive and confirmation that the buyer meets the site rules.

A resident wishes to gift their home/lodge, what should I do?

Once you’ve received a ‘notice of proposed gift’ form you have 21 days to decide if you’d like to object. If you’d like to object then you must make a tribunal application and send a written notification of this to the home/lodge owner. This procedure must also be completed within the 21 days otherwise the application won’t be accepted.

The tribunal application can only be submitted on the grounds that the person who the gift is proposed to does not meet the existing site rules (age, prohibited animals or by not meeting the vehicle regulations). You can also object if the current homeowner hasn’t provided you with evidence that the person who they are proposing to gift the home/lodge to is a family member.

What happens if a park home owner dies?

If a resident dies then the park home will be inherited by the remaining occupant. If the homeowner was living on their own then the park home can be left to another person. The beneficiary has the right to sell the property but must seek permission from the park to live in the home themselves.

Can I re-site a home/lodge on my park?

​​​​​​You are only able to re-site a home/lodge if the plot/base requires essential or emergency works. They then have the right to be moved back to their original plot following the completion of works. If you wish to move the home/lodge for other reasons then you must apply to the tribunal. Once accepted, the home must be re-sited in a plot similar to the original at your expense.

What are my requirements as site owner?

​​​​​​As site owner you are required to maintain the home/lodge’s plot base, communal areas and supply of any services provided in your park terms, such as gas, electricity, water and sewerage.

Can I make changes to the park rules?

You can make changes to the park rules by following a specific procedure. Once this has been followed you must then pass these to the local authority within an allotted time period. Some site rules might not be accepted if they are considered to be unfair.

How do I get a site licence?

A site licence must be authorised by the local authority. You must have planning permission before getting this.

Do I need to display my site licence?

You must display your site licence in a communal area so it can be seen, such as at a main information point. Your licence should clearly state whether your park permits residential or holiday use and whether the site has indefinite planning permission or an expiry date.

Do I need to sell the utility bills on to the home/lodge owner?

The most common way is for the site owner to be the account holder and to sell the utility bills on. However, some home/lodge owners can also pay for their utility bills directly to the supplier.

Can I charge the home/lodge owner more for their utility bills?

The maximum amount you can charge the home/lodge owner for their utility bills is the ‘maximum resale price’ (the price of the energy paid for plus the appropriate VAT).

What should I include in my site fee?

In your site fee you should include a set of rules and regulations for both the home/lodge owner and yourself. Within this agreement you should include the cost and payment date. Your site fee can include ground rent, maintenance costs, use of leisure facilities and utility costs.

What is a site fee review?

This is an annual review of site fees to allow you to adjust the price of a residents site fee, according to the current economy or inflation.

How do I change the cost of a site fee?

A site fee can only be changed annually. If you wish to change the cost of site fees then you must inform the home/lodge owner by giving them 28 days of notice for a review and submit a site fee review form. This is a prescribed form which includes all relevant details and calculations of the new proposed site fee. Without submitting the site fee review form to the resident then you are unable to change the price.

The home/lodge owner must be in agreement of the site fee price change. If a resident disputes the increase then you can make a tribunal application and they will determine whether the site fee increase is deemed fair.

Customising your home/lodge/build

Is there a choice of exterior finish/colouring/cladding

We have a wide variety of external options available in a choice of renders, colours and claddings. These can be viewed during a design consultation and discussed with a member of our team. All our homes are available in a rendered finish or with a variety of low maintenance claddings such as Canexel. 

How do I hang items on my walls?

Light ornaments and pictures can be hung using lightweight tacks and hooks. However it's best to use a cavity or rawl plug for greater security. If you're planning on fitting something heavier to the wall then you'll need to fix this to a timber wall stud inside the cavity. The studs are located every 400mm or 600mm but it's best to use a stud finder if you're uncertain.

Be aware that electrical cables run inside the wall cavities to power sockets and light switches on either side of the wall so use a cable detector so you don't accidentally screw into a cable. If you're uncertain at any point we would recommend you seek the assistance of a qualified electrician who will be able to help.

I'd like to redecorate, will this affect my warranty?

It's great to keep things looking fresh and although redecorating won't affect your 10 year warranty you'll need to make sure you don't alter the structure of the home. If you're unsure on what you can and can't do just speak to our customer care team and we'll talk you through it all.


Can I install additional power sockets in my home/lodge/build?

Once we've built your home we're unable to make any modifications, you are able to make your own amendments to your building but you'll need to make sure that you follow the guidelines in the homeowner information booklet and seek approval from the warranty provider before commencing works. Remember, any electrician you contract must be suitable qualified and either registered with ELECSA or NICEIC.

Can I make changes to my design?

Our range of expertly designed homes/lodges cater for most people's requirements. However we understand that not everyone wants to be the same. You can discuss your requirements by making an appointment with our home sales consultants at our showroom.


How do I specify the features of my design?

Our showroom has been the hub for home and lodge design for nearly 40 years. We've got samples of colours, fixtures, fittings and furnishings as well as a wide range of homes and lodges on display. Make an appointment with one of our home sales consultants who will help you chose the styles that go with your individual tastes.


Building in Britain

Can I have my home/lodge built abroad?

We can build your home/lodge at our production facility here in the UK and ship it overseas. You will need to cover costs of shipping and transport of the home/lodge. We recommend speaking to our sales team to discuss your plans. 


Enjoying your home/lodge/build

How do I look after my home/lodge/build?

Our products are low maintenance, but there are certain things you must do each year to maintain your warranty. The Annual Inspection service we provide is the perfect way to ensure that your warranty is maintained and upheld. You will receive further details regarding this service nearer your first year anniversary of occupying your new home but if you would like to discuss this further, please call us on 01933 230107

What warranty does my roof have?

Your home's roof is covered by our 10 year structural warranty. You'll need to have this inspected annually to maintain cover so make sure you book your Annual Inspection service which includes this. This service costs £195 inc VAT. You should receive a letter nearer your first year anniversary detailing this additional service we can offer, however if you have any queries, please do contact us on 01933 230107 or email [email protected]



How do I clean my oven?

Make sure you always follow the manufacturer's guidelines for taking care of your oven and don't use harsh or abrasive chemicals. Some of our ovens come with a pyrolytic cleaning cycle. Make sure you have read the instructions on how to use this function before using it for the first time. Otherwise, it's best to clean your oven regularly with mild detergent so grease doesn't build up. 

How do I look after my appliances?

Make sure you always follow manufacturer guidelines when cleaning/maintaining your appliances. The appliance manuals are placed within a ring binder folder which will be left within the home. If you’re unsure about what cleaning products to use we recommend checking with the manufacturer. 

The outside of my home/lodge requires painting, what should I use?

In order to maintain your 10 year structural warranty you'll need to make sure that you follow its terms and conditions. These require you to use an experienced VAT registered company and keep evidence of the work that has been undertaken. If you'd like further advice about the products we recommend using on your home, please contact Customer Care on 01933 230136 or email [email protected].

What do I do if something is missing/damaged after my warranty has expired?

In the unlikely situation you find something wrong with your home/lodge - missing items and damaged items are covered under warranty for 15 days from despatch. Unfortunately, if anything missing or damaged is reported outside of this timescale, we will not be able to repair or replace this.  However, we may be able to help provide you with our supplier’s contact details and you could re-purchase this from them directly. Alternatively, you may wish to contact a local trades person to repair this for you. 

I've got an appointment with an engineer what time will they arrive?

Our engineers are based at our site in Wellingborough so we're unable to give an exact time on when they will arrive with you. If you call our Customer Care department on 01933 230136, they will be able to give you an estimated time of arrival or arrange for the engineer to call you en-route.

How do I maintain my guttering?

Looking after your guttering is vital for ensuring water is diverted away from the home in a controlled way. It's best to go around the outside of the home periodically and remove any dead leaves or debris that is starting to build up. You can also clean your guttering with a cloth and soapy water, don't use any harsh chemicals as these may discolour the plastic or metalwork.

We can remove any debris from the gutters as part of our Annual Inspection service which will be offered to you nearer your first year anniversary of occupying the home. For more information, please call 01933 230107 or email [email protected]

What's a "snag"?

A snag is an industry term for a problem, fault or defect with your home. We have strict quality guidelines to ensure that your home is built to the highest possible standard. Unfortunately, sometimes there are issues that we need to sort for you. These are usually minor like a scratched door or chipped paintwork on the skirting board. 

When you move into your home you'll need to inspect it and report any issues to us within five days of occupancy. Anything not reported after this time may not qualify for rectification.

To help you with completing your snag list we've created a template that you can download, complete and email to us, you can download this form here. Please then email this to our Customer Care team at [email protected] who will process this into a job sheet for our engineers, and schedule a convenient appointment for them to attend and rectify these matters. 

How do I submit my warranty snagging list?

We're sorry that you've got issues with your home. So that we can investigate and rectify them you'll need to submit your list in writing to us. You can email them to custo[email protected] or send them via the post to:

Customer care
Tingdene Homes Ltd
45-49 Bradfield Road
Finedon Road Industrial Estate

Please make sure that you include your home serial number on your snagging list so we can see your specification on our system. 

if you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to call Customer Care on 01933 230136

Do you offer maintenance services to comply with my warranty?

To maintain the validity of your warranty you need to inspect your home and complete various maintenance tasks every year. You also need to document the work which was completed and keep this on record in the unfortunate event of you needing to make a claim.

To take the headache out of all of this we offer an Annual Inspection service which will leave you with peace of mind that everything has been done correctly; after all, we know your home better than anyone else.

For £195 inc VAT we will inspect and rectify any exterior cracks, re-seal around your doors and windows, clear your gutters of any debris, clear your vents of any debris, check your roof tiles, check your loft space for any signs of damp, inspect and tighten your axle stands and check your chassis for any rust which will be cleaned/repainted if required. We'll also point out anything else to you that we feel could be a problem whilst we're at your property. 

In addition to this service we also offer a colourwash service to stucco finished homes at 24 months from occupancy, this will ensure the outside of your home looks fresh and removes the visibility of any build-up of dirt or debris that may have gathered on your home. However, we're only able to offer this service if you have previously employed us to complete a 12 month Annual Inspection on your home. If you are interested in this service call our customer care department on 01933 230107 or email [email protected]

I've got a laminate or solid wooden floor, what do I need to do to keep it maintained?

Laminated and solid wooden floors look great and really compliment the design of your home, however it's important to look after them so they don't become damaged over time. Make sure you wipe up any spillages straight away so they don't warp the floor. To prevent scratches to you flooring when furniture is being moved, make sure that you've stuck felt pads to chair feet

My floor squeaks/makes noises when I walk on it is this normal?

Your floor is made from timber so during periods of hot and cold weather it will expand and contract as it gradually changes shape and can make more noise than normal. If you're within your first five days of occupying your home then you can highlight this on your first snagging list and we will inspect. If you're outside this period and still have concerns, we can inspect this as part of your Annual Inspection if you book this additional service through our Customer Care department. A letter will be sent nearer your first year anniversary of occupying the home, but if you have any queries, please do contact us on 01933 230107 or email [email protected]


I’ve got a broken/damaged item included in the home/lodge furnishings, what should I do?

If reported to our Customer Care team within 15 days from despatch this will be covered under the warranty provided with the home.

If after this time, please contact our customer care team who will try to provide you with supplier’s details and any names/ product codes so that you can purchase a replacement directly. This will depend on what the item is and whether our supplier is open to trade with the public. Please note that depending on availability of the item, we may not always be able to find a matching replacement for you to purchase.


Where is my water stopcock?

You'll usually have two ways of turning off the water to your property. The first one will be inside your home, this is usually under the kitchen sink, the second will be outside your property, you'll need to speak to your park manager if you need to find this one.

My radiators don't seem to be warm enough is there a problem with my boiler?

Not necessarily, just take a look at the settings of your radiators and your boiler, hopefully you'll be able to fix this yourself. The radiator TRVs (thermostatic radiator valves) may be set low, or the overall temperature of the boiler may be low as well. If no heat is being produced it might be that your boiler is set to hot water mode only so it will need to be changed to heating & hot water mode.

When your home was installed your park manager would have contracted a gas safe registered heating engineer to commission your system. If the steps above don't work then it's best to speak to your park owner who will arrange for your system to be inspected by the qualified engineer.

I've got a water leak, what can I do?

Firstly find your stopcock and turn the water off - this is normally located under the kitchen sink. Then find the location of the leak and then speak to us with as much information as possible If this is out of hours you can contact us on [email protected]. If we do not have an engineer in the area at that time, we may appoint a local engineer attend to investigate and rectify this matter.

Does my boiler need servicing?

Your boiler will come with its own warranty from the manufacturer. To maintain this you'll need to get it serviced in line with the guidelines in its warranty book. It's important that only a gas safe registered heating engineer services your boiler so make sure you find a company who is on the gas safe register.

Do I have to maintain my home/lodge?

To ensure that you have no future problems with your home/lodge it is important that you look after the property by carrying out some basic maintenance as you would a bricks and mortar home.

Some of these maintenance requirements are mandatory to retain the validity of your 10-year warranty. We do recommend that you read the Home Owner Information booklet for more information and to provide total peace of mind.

We also provide an Annual Inspection package at the end of the first year to help you maintain your home/lodge. A letter will be sent to the occupier offering this service as they approach their first anniversary of occupying the home. 

If you would like further information about maintaining your home/lodge please contact our Customer Care team. 


My power has gone out how do I get it back on again?

If the power has gone out in your home then its worth checking whether it is just your property or your neighbours that are affected also. If it's just yours then it's likely that something has caused your electrics to trip out for your safety. To get your power back on you'll need to open up your consumer unit and flick the switch that has tripped. Your consumer unit is usually found in your wardrobe area or hallway. If the power goes back out or the switch doesn't stay on then it's likely something that is plugged in to the mains is causing a fault on the circuit.

How do I look after my washing machine?

If you're in a hard water area then limescale can build up and cause damage to your washing machine. To help prevent this you can use softening tablets to prevent limescale from damaging your machine. Always check the guidance in the manufacturer's instruction booklet regarding using softening tablets before using them.