Holiday lodge buyer support


Finding your perfect park home FAQs

Do I need professional help when purchasing a home/lodge?

​​​​​​We would recommend speaking to a legal advisor, such as, a specialist solicitor, to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a park home/leisure lodge owner.

What is a lodge?

A lodge can only be used as your secondary residence or holiday home. It can also be built to the same building standards as a park home but the type of residency will depend on the licence held by the park.

Will a park home/leisure lodge retain its value?

​​​​​​A well-maintained home/lodge will retain its value and adjust according to the current economy and market. The price of a home/lodge is dependent on its size, location and condition. With the park home/leisure lodge market and demand becoming increasingly popular, second hand homes/lodges are holding their value for longer, so it’s unlikely your home/lodge will depreciate drastically.

Can I move my holiday lodge?

If you decide you want to move your holiday lodge then it is possible to do so. You will need to consider various factors such as the cost to move it and how easy the site is to access. You can also consider selling your lodge and buying in a new location.

Can I gift a home/lodge?

It’s only possible to gift a home/lodge to a member of your family; you’ll also need to complete a ‘notice of proposed gift’ form to do so.

Where can I find the price figures on your website?

We don’t provide price figures on our website; you can contact our sales team for further help and information on our range of homes/lodges and prices.

I would like to come and look round your visitor centre, do I need to make an appointment?

Our visitor centre is open Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday and Saturday 9am to 4pm. You don’t need to make an appointment to have a look around our showroom but we would recommend reserving time to speak on a one-on-one with one of our sales advisors to discuss our complete range.

How much does a standard home/lodge cost?

There’s no such thing as a 'standard' home/lodge, similar to a bricks and mortar property a home/lodge will vary in price depending on its location. Prices also vary depending on its size, design and interior. The cost can vary from anything between £70,000 and £400,000 for a brand new home. Speak to one of our friendly sales advisor's to discuss the range and get a more accurate guided cost.

What are the benefits of owning a leisure lodge?

By purchasing a holiday lodge you'll have a place that is exclusively yours. If you choose to rent it out you'll gain a revenue stream also, however as each development is different it's worth checking your agreement with the park owner before starting to rent it out.

As a holiday lodge owner what rights do I have?

You’re entitlements are listed under ‘The Mobile Homes Act 2013’, which include rights, such as, selling your holiday lodge on the open market.

As a park home/leisure lodge resident what am I required to do?

You’re required to pay your site fees and any other arranged costs. You’re also responsible for repairing and maintaining the quality and tidiness of your home/lodge and are required to comply with the park rules and regulations.

I have inherited a holiday lodge in my will, what should I do?

If you’re left a holiday lodge in a will then you’re able to use it provided you meet the site rules, such as age and pet restrictions. You’ll also have the right to sell it on the open market without the site owner’s permission or approval. Until you are able to sell your lodge you must pay the site fees and other on-going expenses.

Own land FAQs

What do I need to have ready for my home/lodge before it arrives?

By the time your home/lodge is ready to come to site it's important that all services are installed and awaiting connection to your home. This can take a while to complete, especially if you are having new services installed by the relevant utility companies.

Your home also needs to sit on a concrete base and we would always recommend that the base is poured and fully cured before the home is arrived. Concrete takes a while to fully harden, we'd always recommend that your base has at least 3-4 weeks minimum curing time before the home is sited. We can provide indicative typical base details - subject to ground conditions.

How do I get a home/lodge on my own land?

Tingdene offer a developer support service. We will be able to advise what processes you will need to follow so that your home arrives on site with as little stress as possible.

Park FAQs

Can a park owner interfere with the sale or gift of my home/lodge?

​​​​​​From the 26th May 2013, a park owner is not allowed to interfere with the sale or gift of your home/lodge. This also includes, the ban upon any site rules that obstruct selling or gifting your home/lodge.

What happens if my residential/leisure park has a change of ownership?

This will not affect your rights as the homeowner.

What is a park?

A park is a private development of lodges/homes. They can vary in size, amenities and occupancy restrictions.

What is the difference between residential and holiday parks?

Residential parks have licensing from the council for occupancy all year around. Holiday parks generally have restrictions where you have to leave the park for a number of months, although it is becoming more common for parks to have 12 month licenses. The consequence of this is that an occupier of a residential park has access to postal services, can register at a doctors surgery etc. however a holiday park doesn't have these benefits as it should only be used as a holiday destination. With a holiday park you also need to have an alternative accommodation address.

Can a park owner evict me from my home/lodge?

A park owner can’t evict you from your home/lodge unless they have a court order.

Can a park owner re-site my home/lodge?

​​​​​​A park owner is only able to re-site a home/lodge if the plot/base requires essential or emergency works. After the work is completed you’ll then have the right to be moved back to your original plot. If a park owner wishes to move your home/lodge for other reasons then they must apply to the tribunal. If this is accepted, the home/lodge must be re-sited in a plot similar to the original. The park owner must cover all expenses for the re-siting of your home/lodge.

How do I choose a park?

Not all parks are the same so it's really important to check that the facilities and features of the park suit your needs. Use our park finder service to learn about each park and narrow down the ones that you like the look of. We can put you in touch with a representative of each park and guide you through the park finding process.



What happens if a site owner decides to change the cost of my site fees?

Site fees can only be reviewed annually. If a site owner wishes to change the cost of fees then they must give you 28 days of notice for a review. They must also submit a site fee review form. This is a prescribed form which includes all relevant details and calculations of the new proposed site fee. Without submitting the site fee review form to the resident then they’re unable to increase the price.

If a park owner decides to change the cost of the site fee then they can’t do so without your agreement. If you believe the cost increase to be unfair then you can reject the fee. This means that the site owner must then apply to the tribunal; they will decide whether the costs are deemed fair. The site fee can only then be increased provided it is approved by the tribunal.

What is a "plot"?

A plot is the space on a park where your park home or holiday lodge will go. The park operator will have planning permission for a number of plots on the site. When looking at plots on a development, it's important to understand and learn about how the park operator will develop their site. The view from a plot may change as further phases of the site expand. It's also worth bearing in mind the orientation of the plot when it comes to your home/lodges layout. 

What are site fees?

Site fees vary by park operator and cover various charges required to service your home/lodge on site. These could include ground rent, site maintenance and utility charges. When going through the purchase of your home you should pay close attention to what is included and excluded to ensure you have a complete picture of what your future outgoings may be. Many customers choose to appoint a solicitor when going through the purchase process and your solicitor will be able to advise on any conditions that may affect site fees.

Can the park owner charge me more for my utility bills?

The maximum amount a park owner can charge you for your utility bills is the ‘maximum resale price’ (the price of the energy paid for, plus the appropriate VAT).

Can I rent out my lodge?

This depends on the terms of your agreement with the park operator. Look through the conditions of sale and remember you can always talk through this with the operator if you need clarification. Make sure any agreement that is made is given in writing as the park operator may reserve the right to remove permission at any time.

What happens if I want to sell my home/lodge?

The first point of contact if you want to sell your home/lodge is with the park operator. Your park operator will discuss the process and the charges that may apply. When purchasing a home it's worth having this information to hand should you ever need it in the future.

Arranging finances

What costs should I factor into in my budget?

​​​​​​You should factor in the cost of the holiday lodge, site fees (plus utility bills and sewerage if this isn’t included in your monthly site fee), insurance, council tax and maintenance. Some parks will also require you to put down a deposit to reserve you’re plot so you might also need to allow for this.

What finance options are available to me?

If you've always dreamt of owning your own cabin in the woods or beach retreat at the seaside but do not have the full funds available for the outright purchase of a lodge; there are a number of park operators who are able to offer finance. Find the location you like using our park finder service and we will put you in touch with an operator who can discuss the sale of a lodge on finance with you. 

Go to Park Finder

Do I need to pay stamp duty when purchasing a home/lodge?

In most cases you won’t need to pay stamp duty when purchasing a home/lodge; stamp duty applies to a tax on the purchase of the land, so it will not apply.

Customising your home/lodge/build

Can I make changes to my design?

Our range of expertly designed homes/lodges cater for most people's requirements. However we understand that not everyone wants to be the same. You can discuss your requirements by making an appointment with our home sales consultants at our showroom.


How do I specify the features of my design?

Our showroom has been the hub for home and lodge design for nearly 40 years. We've got samples of colours, fixtures, fittings and furnishings as well as a wide range of homes and lodges on display. Make an appointment with one of our home sales consultants who will help you chose the styles that go with your individual tastes.


What are the differences between a park home and a leisure lodge?

In our production facility our dedicated team work hard to bring you the home or lodge that you've specified. Fundamentally the construction is the same although there are small but significant differences, but both exceed BS3632. The biggest change is the exterior of the building. Leisure lodges are usually covered in a cladding whereas residential park homes are finished in a render. At Tingdene we offer a range of styles of cladding and a 10 year warranty on our render.

Can I install additional power sockets in my home/lodge/build?

Once we've built your home we're unable to make any modifications, you are able to make your own amendments to your building but you'll need to make sure that you follow the guidelines in the homeowner information booklet and seek approval from the warranty provider before commencing works. Remember, any electrician you contract must be suitable qualified and either registered with ELECSA or NICEIC.

Can I buy a residential park home for use as a holiday lodge?

All of our residential park homes and holiday lodges are built to BS3632 and can be legally occupied 12 months of the year; the main difference is the external finish. A leisure lodge is finished in cladding whereas a residential park home is finished in render. If you’ve fallen in love with one of our park homes and wish to use it as a leisure lodge then we can alter the external finish to suit.

How do I hang items on my walls?

Light ornaments and pictures can be hung using lightweight tacks and hooks. However it's best to use a cavity or rawl plug for greater security. If you're planning on fitting something heavier to the wall then you'll need to fix this to a timber wall stud inside the cavity. The studs are located every 400mm or 600mm but it's best to use a stud finder if you're uncertain.

Be aware that electrical cables run inside the wall cavities to power sockets and light switches on either side of the wall so use a cable detector so you don't accidentally screw into a cable. If you're uncertain at any point we would recommend you seek the assistance of a qualified electrician who will be able to help.

I'd like to redecorate, will this affect my warranty?

It's great to keep things looking fresh and although redecorating won't affect your 10 year warranty you'll need to make sure you don't alter the structure of the home. If you're unsure on what you can and can't do just speak to our customer care team and we'll talk you through it all.


Is it possible to make adaptions to my home/lodge for my impairments or disability?

​​​​​​Your home/lodge can feature a flexible design layout to suit you. Speak to a member of our team and we can help personalise your home/lodge to suit almost every need.

Completing your order

Who do I purchase a home/lodge from?

You’ll purchase your home/lodge from the park owner. However, if you’re siting a home/lodge on your own land then you’ll be purchasing it from Tingdene Homes.

Building in Britain

How are the properties built?

At Tingdene we're proud to support and invest in our local workforce. With around 250 of the best examples of local talent building homes in Wellingborough, we're able to produce a quality home to the highest care and attention to detail, We're happy to show you around our factory at any point. Just book an appointment with one of our sales advisors and they'll be happy to talk you through the build process.


Are you able to guarantee the quality of my holiday lodge?

Every home we build at Tingdene exceeds British building standards and comes with Platinum Seal 10-year structural warranty to help give you piece of mind. We also provide 5-year boiler cover, 2-year appliance cover and a post-delivery internal finish on-site by one of our engineers.

Making your move

What can Tingdene do?

Prior to you placing an order we can arrange for a site survey to be conducted; we will review the route the home will get to your land and advise if anything special needs to be considered such as trees, narrow roads etc.

Private land or Leisure Park?

The UK's leisure parks have huge appeal, combining stunning locations with great facilities and real convenience. But we know some people prefer placing Tingdene lodges on private land. We can help in both situations -whether you're buying as an investment or a holiday home.

What must I do once I move in to my home/lodge/build?

After opening that first bottle of fizz to celebrate your new lifestyle it's really important that you complete the warranty registration form and get it back to us. This ensures we can register your 10 year structural warranty with the provider of the service.

It's important you follow our timeline strictly as this lays out what needs to be done and when. To download a copy of the timeline click below. 

Download our timeline

How do I site my home/lodge?

We can arrange for your home/lodge to be transported and sited with your park owner.

Enjoying your home/lodge/build

I wish to sell my home/lodge, do you offer a buy back scheme?

Sorry we don’t buy the homes/lodges back but we’d be happy to recommend some companies that only sell homes/lodges. If you’d like more information then please contact us at 01933 230130 or

How do I look after my home/lodge/build?

Our products are low maintenance, but there are certain things you must do each year to maintain your warranty. The annual inspection service we provide is the perfect way to ensure that your warranty is maintained and upheld.

Can I leave a holiday lodge in my will?

​​​​​​You have the right to leave a holiday lodge in your will; the recipient will also be able to sell the holiday lodge on if they wish to do so.

What happens after ten years with my Mapei render?

After 10 years the standard warranty of your Mapei render ends, however we can recoat your home so it looks fresh and modern with the benefit of extending your warranty for another 10 years. Just contact our customer care department to schedule in this service.


What warranty does my roof have?

Your home's roof is covered by our 10 year structural warranty. You'll need to have this inspected annually to maintain cover so make sure you book your inspection with our customer care team.



I've broken the glass to one of my light fittings. Can I order a replacement?

It depends on whether the model is still current and who the supplier is, get in touch and we'll see what we can do for you.


How do I submit my warranty snagging list?

We're sorry that you've got issues with your home. So that we can investigate and rectify them you'll need to submit your list in writing to us. You can email them to or send them via the post to:

Customer care
Tingdene Homes Ltd
45-49 Bradfield Road
Finedon Road Industrial Estate

Please make sure that you include your home serial number on your snagging list so we can see your specification on our system. 

I've damaged my bedroom furniture or want addition pieces, am I able to buy these from you?

All our bedroom furniture is built specifically for the homes that are going through our production line. We're sorry but we aren't able to produce any additional pieces after your home has been built

Do you offer maintenance services to comply with my warranty?

To maintain the validity of your warranty you need to inspect your home and complete various maintenance tasks every year. You also need to document the work which was completed and keep this on record in the unfortunate event of you needing to make a claim.

To take the headache out of all of this we offer an annual inspection service which will leave you with peace of mind that everything has been done correctly; after all, we know your home better than anyone else.

For £195 inc VAT we will inspect exterior cracks, re-seal silicone around doors and windows, clear and clean your gutters, clean your vents, check your roof tiles, check your loft space for damp, inspect and tighten your axle stands checked and check your chassis for rust & cleaned/repainted if required. We'll also point out anything else to you that we feel could be a problem whilst we're at your property. 

In addition to this service we also offer a colourwash to stucco finished homes at 24 months from occupancy, this will ensure the outside of your home looks fresh and removes the visibility of any build-up of dirt or debris that may have gathered on your home. However, we're only able to offer this service if you have previously booked us in for an annual inspection. If you are interested in this service call our customer care department on 01933 230107.

Can I purchase replacement or additional kitchen units, doors or drawers?

Yes you can, our kitchens are supplied by Symphony who are the UK's largest privately owned manufacturer of kitchens. Just get in contact with them directly on 01226 446000.

Where is my water stopcock?

You'll usually have two ways of turning off the water to your property. The first one will be inside your home, this is usually under the kitchen sink, the second will be outside your property, you'll need to speak to your park manager if you need to find this one.

My radiators don't seem to be warm enough is there a problem with my boiler?

Not necessarily, just take a look at the settings of your radiators and your boiler, hopefully you'll be able to fix this yourself. The radiator TRVs (thermostatic radiator valves) may be set low, or the overall temperature of the boiler may be low as well. If no heat is being produced it might be that your boiler is set to hot water mode only so it will need to be changed to heating & hot water mode.

When your home was installed your park manager would have contracted a gas safe registered heating engineer to commission your system. If the steps above don't work then it's best to speak to your park owner who will arrange for your system to be inspected by the qualified engineer.

I've got a water leak, what can I do?

Firstly find your stopcock and turn the water off. Then find the location of the leak and then speak to us with as much information as possible If this is out of hours you can contact us on

Does my boiler need servicing?

Your boiler will come with its own warranty from the manufacturer. To maintain this you'll need to get it serviced in line with the guidelines in its warranty book. It's important that only a gas safe registered heating engineer services your boiler so make sure you find a company who is on the gas safe register.

My power has gone out how do I get it back on again?

If the power has gone out in your home then its worth checking whether it is just your property or your neighbours that are affected also. If it's just yours then it's likely that something has caused your electrics to trip out for your safety. To get your power back on you'll need to open up your consumer unit and flick the switch that has tripped. Your consumer unit is usually found in your wardrobe area or hallway. If the power goes back out or the switch doesn't stay on then it's likely something that is plugged in to the mains is causing a fault on the circuit.

How do I look after my washing machine?

If you're in a hard water area then limescale can build up and cause damage to your washing machine. To help prevent this you can use softening tablets to prevent limescale from damaging your machine. Always check the guidance in the manufacturer's instruction booklet regarding using softening tablets before using them.

How do I clean my oven?

Make sure you always follow the manufacturer's guidelines for taking care of your oven and don't use harsh or abrasive chemicals. Some of our ovens come with a pyrolytic cleaning cycle. Make sure you have read the instructions on how to use this function before using it for the first time. Otherwise, it's best to clean your oven regularly with mild detergent so grease doesn't build up. 

How do I maintain my guttering?

Looking after your guttering is vital for ensuring water is diverted away from the home in a controlled way. It's best to go around the outside of the home periodically and remove any dead leaves or debris that is starting to build up. You can also clean your guttering with a cloth and soapy water, don't use any harsh chemicals as these may discolour the plastic or metalwork.

The outside of my home/lodge requires painting, what should I use?

In order to maintain your 10 year structural warranty you'll need to make sure that you follow its terms and conditions. These require you to use an experienced VAT registered company and keep evidence of the work that has been undertaken. If you'd like further advise about this please contact Customer Care on 01933 230136 or email

Who do I contact about my shed garage, drive street lighting path brick skirt handrails, etc?

You'll need to speak to your park manager regarding these issues as we only manufacture and supply your home to the park. 

I've got an appointment with an engineer what time will they arrive?

Our engineers are based at our site in Wellingborough so we're unable to give an exact time on when they will arrive with you. If you call our Customer Care department on 01933 230136 we'll be able to give you an estimated time of arrival. 

I've got a laminate or solid wooden floor, what do I need to do to keep it maintained?

Laminated and solid wooden floors look great and really compliment the design of your home, however it's important to look after them so they don't become damaged over time. Make sure you wipe up any spillages straight away so they don't warp the floor. To prevent scratches to you flooring when furniture is being moved, make sure that you've stuck felt pads to chair feet

Where can I get buildings & contents insurance from?

It's always best to shop around and not letting your cover auto renew as this can cost you a lot more money than going back to the marketplace. There's a number of comparison sites and specialist providers you can find online as a starting point. You could also ask your park manager or neighbours for a recommendation with who they use. 

With your Platinum Seal Warranty you're eligible for a 10% introductory discount from the administrators of the scheme, Park Home Assist Insurance Services. You can contact them on 01604 946795 for a quote. 

For holiday lodge insurance, contact My Holiday Home Insurance which are part of the same group. You can contact them on 01604 946787 for a quote.

My floor squeaks/makes noises when I walk on it is this normal?

Your floor is made from timber so during periods of hot and cold weather it will expand and contract as it gradually changes shape and can make more noise than normal. If you're within your first five days of owning your home then you can highlight this on your snagging list and we will inspect. If you're outside this period and still have concerns, we can inspect this as part of your annual inspection if you book this through our customer care department.


What's a "snag"?

A snag is an industry term for a problem, fault or defect with your home. We have strict quality guidelines to ensure that your home is built to the highest possible standard. Unfortunately, sometimes there are issues that we need to sort for you. These are usually minor like a scratched door or chipped paintwork on skirting. 

When you move into your home you'll need to inspect it and report any issues to us within five days of you moving into your home. Anything not reported after this time may not qualify for rectification.

To help you with completing your snag list we've created a snagging template that you can download, complete and email to us, you can download this form here

Customer Care

Are you already a customer and have questions about your Tingdene lodge? To speak with a dedicated member of our Customer Service team please fill in the form below.