Residential park home buyer support


Finding your perfect park home FAQs

Do park homes conform to current building regulations?

Park homes meet the BS3632 standards set by the British Standards Institution. Park homes and holiday lodges are built to higher standards than static caravans.

As a park home/leisure lodge resident what am I required to do?

You’re required to pay your site fees and any other arranged costs. You’re also responsible for repairing and maintaining the quality and tidiness of your home/lodge and are required to comply with the park rules and regulations.

How is a park home different to a caravan?

All our park homes and leisure lodges are built to British Standard BS3632, the specification for residential park homes.

A park home is a timber-framed property suitable for all year-round habitation and can therefore be used as a primary UK residence if sited on a park or location with a residential licence.

Residents are protected with the security of tenure by the Mobile Homes Act. Caravan holiday homes are built to a lower build standard in terms of structure and insulation making them only suitable for seasonal use. 


Can I move a park home or leisure lodge at a later date?

Yes, however this is rare as most homes/lodges are typically bricked up to the underside, decked or skirted. However, homes/lodges can be moved somewhere else if required. We would not be able to arrange this however we can put you in touch with the transport and siting teams we work with who will be able to discuss this further and answer any queries. 

Can I live in a park home all year-round?

A park home meets the BS3632 standards set by the British Standards Institute which means that it can be lived in all year round and can be registered as your primary residence. However, this is dependent on site planning as it might only be registered for planning permission for holiday or second home uses. But don’t panic, you can use our handy park finder page to help guide you to a park that suits you!

Do I have to be retired to live on a residential site?

No, some parks will welcome families with children and others are exclusive to those over a certain age.

It's important to look into the park's individual policy to see if you fit the resident criterion. We're sure you'll find a park to suit your needs. If you’re unsure about a park’s policy get in touch with our sales team or the park manager.

What is the lifespan of a park home?

A park home typically lasts for 70 to 80 years or longer provided they are cared for properly. They are easy to maintain and you can use our Annual Inspection service to give you peace of mind (T&C's apply).

Why do prices vary from park to park?

For the same reasons that traditional house prices vary across the country. Some areas are highly sought after and therefore more expensive and others less so. A substantial part of the cost of a park home is the value of the land it is sited on and this varies.  

Do park homes come fully furnished?

​​​​​​We can fit your new home completely furnished so you can move in straight away. All you have to do is meet with our design team to pick out interiors and any bespoke designs. If you’d rather, you can also opt to have your home part or unfurnished.

What guarantee/warranty is offered with a Tingdene park home/lodge?

Every home/lodge we manufacture exceeds the legislation created by the BSI (British Standards Institute) and comes with a Platinum Seal 10-year warranty to give you that additional peace of mind.

Everything is covered within the home for the first twelve months (except damages and missing items which are covered for 15 days from despatch).   

After the twelve months, the home is covered structurally for the remaining nine years of the 10-year Platinum Seal warranty.  

Additionally, we also provide:

  • 7-year boiler cover (providing annual services are completed)
  • 2-year appliance cover

Your warranties are detailed in your Home Owner Information booklet, if you have any questions about your warranty please get in touch with our customer care team.


Where can I view a Tingdene park home/lodge?

You can view our full range of available park homes and lodges on our website. You can also visit our indoor showroom in Wellingborough where we have a selection of our homes/lodges on display. A member of our team would be happy to show you around. 

What styles, sizes and configurations are Tingdene park homes/lodges available in?

All models of our homes/lodges are available in a variety of different sizes and specifications. We try our best to meet everyone’s unique needs and desires for their dream home, which is why we have created an expansive collection of models for you to choose from.

We truly believe we have something for everyone. 

Are park homes/leisure lodges wheelchair accessible?

Our homes/lodges can be specially adapted for those with additional needs. We will provide you with a consultation to discuss relevant modifications. We will try our best to provide you with a home/lodge that suits your individual living requirements. 

What are the benefits of living on a residential park?

Living on a residential park can be one of the best changes to your life. Not only will you be part of a community of likeminded individuals; you'll feel much more comfortable living in an area where everyone looks out for each other.

Can I gift a home/lodge?

It’s only possible to gift a home/lodge to a member of your family; you’ll also need to complete a ‘notice of proposed gift’ form to do so.

What’s included in the price of a park home or leisure lodge?

The price of the home/lodge includes everything specified on a sales specification which can be provided at the quotation/sales stage.

This usually also includes all of the interior fittings and furnishings, i.e kitchen units and appliances, beds and storage (wardrobes/bedside tables/cabinets), bathroom fittings (shower/bath/toilet/basin), boiler and radiators, light fittings, soft furnishings (sofas/chairs/tables), and floor coverings.

However, if you’re unsure of what’s included in a home/lodge you’re interested in please ask us and we’ll be happy to advise you. 


Can I leave a park home in my will?

A park home will be inherited by whoever inhabits it with you. If you are the sole-occupant of a park home then it can be left to someone else in your will. They will have the right to sell the home but will need to seek permission from the park owner before they are able to live in the home.

Can I customise my home/lodge?

Yes, we offer free design consultations to get your home/lodge looking exactly as you’d like it. We will try our best to accommodate any changes or adaptations you’re looking to make. We also have a new interior design area at our showroom so that you can view our samples and get a feeling for what you’d like in your home/lodge.  

Do I need professional help when purchasing a home/lodge?

​​​​​​We would recommend speaking to a legal advisor, such as, a specialist solicitor, to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a park home/leisure lodge owner.

How long does it take from order to make a Tingdene home/lodge?

Our manufacturing process varies depending on model, size and design. The time it takes from order relates more to the production slots we currently have available. A member of our sales team will be able to advise you about this.  



Where can I find the price figures on your website?

We don’t provide price figures on our website; you can contact our sales team for further help and information on our range of homes/lodges and prices.

Will a park home/leisure lodge retain its value?

​​​​​​A well-maintained home/lodge will retain its value and adjust according to the current economy and market. The price of a home/lodge is dependent on its size, location and condition. With the park home/leisure lodge market and demand becoming increasingly popular, second hand homes/lodges are holding their value for longer, so it’s unlikely your home/lodge will depreciate drastically.

Do I have to organise the transport of the home/lodge?

If your home/lodge is going to a park you do not need to organise your own transport.

When purchasing your home, we will, along with your park manager, arrange for the home to be delivered, sited, leveled and made watertight. We then arrange for our team of Aftersales engineers to attend to complete a PDI (post delivery inspection) making the home ready for you to move in to. We take care of this process for you to give you peace of mind.


If the home/lodge is for your own land we can point you in the direction of experienced transportation and siting companies. They can arrange for the home to go from our manufacturing facility straight to its new base. This again includes the transport/siting team making the home up, level and watertight. Our team of Aftersales engineers will then attend to complete a PDI (post delivery inspection) making the home ready for you to move in to.

Please note you would be responsible for the cost, ensuring everything your end is ready and communicate along the way with dates, connections of services etc. For more information please contact our sales team, they’ll provide a more detailed description of this process.


How much does a standard home/lodge cost?

There’s no such thing as a 'standard' home/lodge, similar to a bricks and mortar property a home/lodge will vary in price depending on its location. Prices also vary depending on its size, design and interior. The cost can vary from anything between £70,000 and £400,000 for a brand new home. Speak to one of our friendly sales advisor's to discuss the range and get a more accurate guided cost.

What does BS3632 mean?

The BSI – British Standards Institute is a UK body who produce a range of standards for businesses and products to ensure they are fit for purpose. BS3632 is the standard for residential park homes, these homes need to fit a specific criterion to qualify. These standards ensure the home is fit for permanent residency. Both our park homes and leisure lodges are built to the BS3632 standard.

As a park home owner what rights do I have?

You’re entitlements are listed under ‘The Mobile Homes Act 2013’, which include rights, such as, selling your home on the open market.

What is the environmental impact of park homes/lodges?

All of our homes and lodges achieve and exceed the BS3632 standard which aims to minimise their environmental impact. 

Are park homes or leisure lodges insulated for all seasons?

Yes, all of our park homes and lodges are built to BS3632 standards meaning they are fit for year-round occupancy. Insulated to keep your homes/lodges warm in the winter and cool in the summer. 

What is a park home?

​​​​​​A park home is a detached property built in the style of a bungalow, which is also known as a ‘mobile home’.

How secure are park homes/leisure lodges?

All of our homes and lodges are fitted with the same door and window fixtures you would expect to see in a bricks and mortar property. This makes them just as secure to traditional homes. 

Who owns a park home?

A park owner owns the ground the home is on but the park home owner owns the home.

I would like to come and look round your visitor centre, do I need to make an appointment?

Our visitor centre is open Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Friday and Saturday 9am to 4pm. You will need to make an appointment to have a look around our showroom due to social distancing and cleaning measures currently in place.

Please use the 2 or 3-hour appointment option for first or second viewings. This is the perfect amount of time to view our range and speak to our team about any questions you may have. The 6-hour appointment is for specifications only. Please use this option if you are ready to do the specification on the home or lodge you are ordering. 

Please call 01933 230130 to discuss an appointment or book online.

Own land FAQs

Will I need planning permission?

This will depend on several factors like where you want the home/lodge sited. Garden annexes don’t require full planning permission and we’ve written a handy guide to talk to you through this. Other proposals such as siting a home/lodge as a stand-alone property will require full planning permission. We recommend getting in touch with our team and we can advise you about this. 



Can I buy a home or lodge for my own land?

Yes you can, however, the process is a bit different to purchasing a home/lodge for a park. Don’t worry we’ll be on hand to help. We recommend getting in touch with us to discuss your plans so we can establish what needs to be organised to ensure the process runs smoothly. We’ve created a whole guide about purchasing a home/lodge for your own land, you can learn more here.


What do I need to have ready for my home/lodge before it arrives?

By the time your home/lodge is ready to come to site it's important that all services are installed and awaiting connection to your home. This can take a while to complete, especially if you are having new services installed by the relevant utility companies.

Your home also needs to sit on a concrete base and we would always recommend that the base is poured and fully cured before the home is arrived. Concrete takes a while to fully harden, we'd always recommend that your base has at least 3-4 weeks minimum curing time before the home is sited. We can provide indicative typical base details - subject to ground conditions.

How do I get a home/lodge on my own land?

Tingdene offer a developer support service. We will be able to advise what processes you will need to follow so that your home arrives on site with as little stress as possible.

Which homes or lodges can I purchase for my own land?

All of our homes and lodges can be purchased and sited on your land providing the appropriate planning is in place (if required). All of our park homes and lodges are built to and exceed BS3632:2015 standards which means they are fit for permanent residency all year round. 

How much does an own land home/lodge cost?

The price of a home/lodge depends on the model, size and internal specification of the home or lodge selected. You can also make additions and customisations which may include optional extras. Our great range of homes/lodges are designed to suit a variety of price ranges. Please get in touch with us for more information about prices. 

What other costs do I have to think about?

Financially there’re a few other things you’ll have to consider like the transport and siting of the home. All of the connections will have to be completed by registered professionals including the electric, water, gas and waste also. Your home needs to sit on a concrete base and we would always recommend getting professional third-party advice for the build-up of your home’s base, depending on the ground conditions and the weight of your park home/lodge. You’ll also be responsible for the exterior finishing of the property, like the skirting, steps and landscaping.  

Park FAQs

Can the park owner charge me more for my utility bills?

The maximum amount a park owner can charge you for your utility bills is the ‘maximum resale price’ (the price of the energy paid for, plus the appropriate VAT).

I’m having issues with my park, who should I contact?

If you’re having issues that are not related to the home/lodge itself you should contact your park owner or manager. Unfortunately, we aren’t able to assist with issues that are the responsibility of the park.  

How do I pay my utility bills?

This will be outlined in your written agreement with the park owner/manager. You should always check whether the agreement refers to a separate charge for utilities and which utilities are included/excluded. The maximum amount a park owner can charge you for your utility bills is the ‘maximum resale price’ (the price of the energy paid for, plus the appropriate VAT). 

Can I keep pets in a park home?

Most parks allow up to two pets but you’ll need to check their terms and conditions.

Are children allowed on residential parks?

This depends on the residential park’s policy, as every park will have a different resident criterion. Some parks will allow families to live on-site and others are exclusive to those over a certain age. Most residential parks will allow guests to visit and stay over for a limited time, if you’re unsure about your park’s visitor policy get in touch with our sales team or the park manager.

What is a park?

A park is a private development of lodges/homes. They can vary in size, amenities and occupancy restrictions.

Can I have decking built around my home?

This is a question you will have to ask your park owner/manager. Some plots include things such as decking, garage or shed. You would have to seek permission from the park to have one constructed. 

What is the difference between residential and holiday parks?

Residential parks have licensing from the council for occupancy all year around. Holiday parks generally have restrictions where you have to leave the park for a number of months, although it is becoming more common for parks to have 12 month licenses. The consequence of this is that an occupier of a residential park has access to postal services, can register at a doctors surgery etc. however a holiday park doesn't have these benefits as it should only be used as a holiday destination. With a holiday park you also need to have an alternative accommodation address.

I have questions about a park? Who should I contact?

We will try our best to assist you with your enquiries, but it may be necessary for you to speak directly with the park management should you require further information. 

How do I choose a park?

Not all parks are the same so it's really important to check that the facilities and features of the park suit your needs. Use our park finder service to learn about each park and narrow down the ones that you like the look of. We can put you in touch with a representative of each park and guide you through the park finding process.



What is a "plot"?

A plot is the space on a park where your park home or holiday lodge will go. The park operator will have planning permission for a number of plots on the site. When looking at plots on a development, it's important to understand and learn about how the park operator will develop their site. The view from a plot may change as further phases of the site expand. It's also worth bearing in mind the orientation of the plot when it comes to your home/lodges layout. 

Can I site my park home on a holiday park?

Some holiday parks do hold a 12-month license, however, this won’t provide you with the same rights as a park home sited on a residential park. A home sited on a holiday park won’t provide you with a primary postal address, for example. This would mean that you couldn’t register to vote, go to a doctor or simply receive your mail. We would always recommend that you don’t place your main residence on a holiday park for this reason.

What are site fees?

Site fees vary by park operator and cover various charges required to service your home/lodge on site. These could include ground rent, site maintenance and utility charges. When going through the purchase of your home you should pay close attention to what is included and excluded to ensure you have a complete picture of what your future outgoings may be. Many customers choose to appoint a solicitor when going through the purchase process and your solicitor will be able to advise on any conditions that may affect site fees.

What happens if I want to sell my home/lodge?

The first point of contact if you want to sell your home/lodge is with the park operator. Your park operator will discuss the process and the charges that may apply. When purchasing a home it's worth having this information to hand should you ever need it in the future.

Can a park owner evict me from my home/lodge?

A park owner can’t evict you from your home/lodge unless they have a court order.

Can a park owner interfere with the sale or gift of my home/lodge?

​​​​​​From the 26th May 2013, a park owner is not allowed to interfere with the sale or gift of your home/lodge. This also includes, the ban upon any site rules that obstruct selling or gifting your home/lodge.

Can a park owner re-site my home/lodge?

​​​​​​A park owner is only able to re-site a home/lodge if the plot/base requires essential or emergency works. After the work is completed you’ll then have the right to be moved back to your original plot. If a park owner wishes to move your home/lodge for other reasons then they must apply to the tribunal. If this is accepted, the home/lodge must be re-sited in a plot similar to the original. The park owner must cover all expenses for the re-siting of your home/lodge.

What happens if my residential/leisure park has a change of ownership?

This will not affect your rights as the homeowner.

What happens if a site owner decides to change the cost of my site fees?

Site fees can only be reviewed annually. If a site owner wishes to change the cost of fees then they must give you 28 days of notice for a review. They must also submit a site fee review form. This is a prescribed form which includes all relevant details and calculations of the new proposed site fee. Without submitting the site fee review form to the resident then they’re unable to increase the price.

If a park owner decides to change the cost of the site fee then they can’t do so without your agreement. If you believe the cost increase to be unfair then you can reject the fee. This means that the site owner must then apply to the tribunal; they will decide whether the costs are deemed fair. The site fee can only then be increased provided it is approved by the tribunal.

Arranging finances

Do I need to pay stamp duty when purchasing a home/lodge?

In most cases you won’t need to pay stamp duty when purchasing a home/lodge; stamp duty applies to a tax on the purchase of the land, so it will not apply.

Can I take a mortgage out to buy a park home?

Park homes require outright payment at the point of purchase. However, don’t let that put you off! Speak to a financial provider as they can offer you other options.

Are there any extra costs when owning a park home?

As the occupier you are responsible for paying utility costs, site fees and council tax.

What band of Council Tax do park homes come under?

Many park homes are rated ‘Band A’ - the lowest band for council tax purposes but it’s important to check. If your park home is your sole residence, you are responsible for paying Council Tax. If you live alone, you’ll receive a 25% discount. You may be eligible for other discounts or credits, we recommend contacting your local council. 

What costs should I factor into in my budget?

You should factor in the cost of the park home, site fees (plus utility bills and sewerage if this isn’t included in your monthly site fee), insurance, council tax and maintenance. Some parks will also require you to put down a deposit to reserve you’re plot so you might also need to allow for this.

What finance options are available to me?

Most residential park home owners have chosen to downsize, release equity and change their lifestyle to match other like-minded individuals. Because of this equity release park home owners tend to be cash purchasers.

In order to release the equity in your existing home you will need to sell this first. You can go down the traditional route of selling via an estate agent although there are providers which will purchase your house to allow you to move on quicker and provide certainty in your life that your move will go ahead with less troubles than a traditional sale with multiple sales in the chain.

We would always recommend you seek expert financial advice before embarking on the journey to see if there is a product on the marketplace that suits your requirements fully.

Go to Park Finder

Customising your home/lodge/build

What are the differences between a park home and a leisure lodge?

In our production facility our dedicated team work hard to bring you the home or lodge that you've specified. Fundamentally the construction is the same although there are small but significant differences, but both exceed BS3632. The biggest change is the exterior of the building. Leisure lodges are usually covered in a cladding whereas residential park homes are finished in a render. At Tingdene we offer a range of styles of cladding and a 10 year warranty on our render.

Can I install additional power sockets in my home/lodge/build?

Once we've built your home we're unable to make any modifications, you are able to make your own amendments to your building but you'll need to make sure that you follow the guidelines in the homeowner information booklet and seek approval from the warranty provider before commencing works. Remember, any electrician you contract must be suitable qualified and either registered with ELECSA or NICEIC.

Is it possible to make adaptions to my home/lodge for my impairments or disability?

​​​​​​Your home/lodge can feature a flexible design layout to suit you. Speak to a member of our team and we can help personalise your home/lodge to suit almost every need.

Can I purchase a holiday lodge for use as a residential park home?

​​​​​​All of our residential park homes and holiday lodges are built to BS3632 and can be legally occupied 12 months of the year; the main difference is the external finish. A leisure lodge is covered in cladding, whereas a residential park home is finished in render. If you’ve fallen in love with one of our leisure homes and wish to use it as a residential park home then we can alter the external finish to suit.

How do I hang items on my walls?

Light ornaments and pictures can be hung using lightweight tacks and hooks. However it's best to use a cavity or rawl plug for greater security. If you're planning on fitting something heavier to the wall then you'll need to fix this to a timber wall stud inside the cavity. The studs are located every 400mm or 600mm but it's best to use a stud finder if you're uncertain.

Be aware that electrical cables run inside the wall cavities to power sockets and light switches on either side of the wall so use a cable detector so you don't accidentally screw into a cable. If you're uncertain at any point we would recommend you seek the assistance of a qualified electrician who will be able to help.

I'd like to redecorate, will this affect my warranty?

It's great to keep things looking fresh and although redecorating won't affect your 10 year warranty you'll need to make sure you don't alter the structure of the home. If you're unsure on what you can and can't do just speak to our customer care team and we'll talk you through it all.


Can I make changes to my design?

Our range of expertly designed homes/lodges cater for most people's requirements. However we understand that not everyone wants to be the same. You can discuss your requirements by making an appointment with our home sales consultants at our showroom.


How do I specify the features of my design?

Our showroom has been the hub for home and lodge design for nearly 40 years. We've got samples of colours, fixtures, fittings and furnishings as well as a wide range of homes and lodges on display. Make an appointment with one of our home sales consultants who will help you chose the styles that go with your individual tastes.


Is there a choice of exterior finish/colouring/cladding

We have a wide variety of external options available in a choice of renders, colours and claddings. These can be viewed during a design consultation and discussed with a member of our team. All our homes are available in a rendered finish or with a variety of low maintenance claddings such as Canexel. 

Completing your order

Who do I purchase a home/lodge from?

You’ll purchase your home/lodge from the park owner. However, if you’re siting a home/lodge on your own land then you’ll be purchasing it from Tingdene Homes.

Building in Britain

How are the properties built?

At Tingdene we're proud to support and invest in our local workforce. With around 250 of the best examples of local talent building homes in Wellingborough, we're able to produce a quality home to the highest care and attention to detail, We're happy to show you around our factory at any point. Just book an appointment with one of our sales advisors and they'll be happy to talk you through the build process.


Can I have my home/lodge built abroad?

We can build your home/lodge at our production facility here in the UK and ship it overseas. You will need to cover costs of shipping and transport of the home/lodge. We recommend speaking to our sales team to discuss your plans. 


Are you able to guarantee the quality of my park home?

​​​​​​Every home we build at Tingdene exceeds British building standards and comes with Platinum Seal 10-year structural warranty, to help give you piece of mind. We also provide 10-year Mapei maintenance-free render warranty, 5-year boiler cover, 2-year appliance cover and a post-delivery internal finish on-site by one of our engineers.

Making your move

What can Tingdene do?

Prior to you placing an order we can arrange for a site survey to be conducted; we will review the route the home will get to your land and advise if anything special needs to be considered such as trees, narrow roads etc.

What must I do once I move in to my home/lodge/build?

After opening that first bottle of fizz to celebrate your new lifestyle it's really important that you complete the warranty registration form and get it back to us. This ensures we can register your 10 year structural warranty, and the boiler and appliance warranties with the providers of the service.

It's important you follow our timeline strictly as this lays out what needs to be done and when. 

How do I site my home/lodge?

We can arrange for your home/lodge to be transported and sited with your park owner.

Enjoying your home/lodge/build

How do I look after my home/lodge/build?

Our products are low maintenance, but there are certain things you must do each year to maintain your warranty. The Annual Inspection service we provide is the perfect way to ensure that your warranty is maintained and upheld. You will receive further details regarding this service nearer your first year anniversary of occupying your new home but if you would like to discuss this further, please call us on 01933 230107

What warranty does my roof have?

Your home's roof is covered by our 10 year structural warranty. You'll need to have this inspected annually to maintain cover so make sure you book your Annual Inspection service which includes this. This service costs £195 inc VAT. You should receive a letter nearer your first year anniversary detailing this additional service we can offer, however if you have any queries, please do contact us on 01933 230107 or email [email protected]


I have inherited a park home in my will, what should I do?

If you’re left a park home in a will then you can live in it provided you are approved by the site owner and meet the park rules, such as, age or pet restrictions. You also have the right to sell the park home on the open market without the site owner’s permission or approval. Until you are able to sell the home you must pay the site fees and other on-going expenses.

I wish to sell my home/lodge, do you offer a buy back scheme?

Sorry we don’t buy the homes/lodges back but we’d be happy to recommend some companies that only sell homes/lodges. If you’d like more information then please contact us at 01933 230130 or [email protected].


My radiators don't seem to be warm enough is there a problem with my boiler?

Not necessarily, just take a look at the settings of your radiators and your boiler, hopefully you'll be able to fix this yourself. The radiator TRVs (thermostatic radiator valves) may be set low, or the overall temperature of the boiler may be low as well. If no heat is being produced it might be that your boiler is set to hot water mode only so it will need to be changed to heating & hot water mode.

When your home was installed your park manager would have contracted a gas safe registered heating engineer to commission your system. If the steps above don't work then it's best to speak to your park owner who will arrange for your system to be inspected by the qualified engineer.

I've got a water leak, what can I do?

Firstly find your stopcock and turn the water off - this is normally located under the kitchen sink. Then find the location of the leak and then speak to us with as much information as possible If this is out of hours you can contact us on [email protected]. If we do not have an engineer in the area at that time, we may appoint a local engineer attend to investigate and rectify this matter.

Does my boiler need servicing?

Your boiler will come with its own warranty from the manufacturer. To maintain this you'll need to get it serviced in line with the guidelines in its warranty book. It's important that only a gas safe registered heating engineer services your boiler so make sure you find a company who is on the gas safe register.

My power has gone out how do I get it back on again?

If the power has gone out in your home then its worth checking whether it is just your property or your neighbours that are affected also. If it's just yours then it's likely that something has caused your electrics to trip out for your safety. To get your power back on you'll need to open up your consumer unit and flick the switch that has tripped. Your consumer unit is usually found in your wardrobe area or hallway. If the power goes back out or the switch doesn't stay on then it's likely something that is plugged in to the mains is causing a fault on the circuit.

How do I look after my washing machine?

If you're in a hard water area then limescale can build up and cause damage to your washing machine. To help prevent this you can use softening tablets to prevent limescale from damaging your machine. Always check the guidance in the manufacturer's instruction booklet regarding using softening tablets before using them.

How do I clean my oven?

Make sure you always follow the manufacturer's guidelines for taking care of your oven and don't use harsh or abrasive chemicals. Some of our ovens come with a pyrolytic cleaning cycle. Make sure you have read the instructions on how to use this function before using it for the first time. Otherwise, it's best to clean your oven regularly with mild detergent so grease doesn't build up. 

How do I maintain my guttering?

Looking after your guttering is vital for ensuring water is diverted away from the home in a controlled way. It's best to go around the outside of the home periodically and remove any dead leaves or debris that is starting to build up. You can also clean your guttering with a cloth and soapy water, don't use any harsh chemicals as these may discolour the plastic or metalwork.

We can remove any debris from the gutters as part of our Annual Inspection service which will be offered to you nearer your first year anniversary of occupying the home. For more information, please call 01933 230107 or email [email protected]

The outside of my home/lodge requires painting, what should I use?

In order to maintain your 10 year structural warranty you'll need to make sure that you follow its terms and conditions. These require you to use an experienced VAT registered company and keep evidence of the work that has been undertaken. If you'd like further advice about the products we recommend using on your home, please contact Customer Care on 01933 230136 or email [email protected].

Who do I contact about my shed garage, drive street lighting path brick skirt handrails, etc?

You'll need to speak to your park manager regarding these issues as we only manufacture and supply your home to the park. 

I've got an appointment with an engineer what time will they arrive?

Our engineers are based at our site in Wellingborough so we're unable to give an exact time on when they will arrive with you. If you call our Customer Care department on 01933 230136, they will be able to give you an estimated time of arrival or arrange for the engineer to call you en-route.

How do I change/cancel my appointment with an engineer?

If you need to make changes to your scheduled engineer appointment or you no longer require assistance, please do let us know at your earliest convenience by contacting our Customer Care team.

Should you need to arrange another appointment, they can do this for you at a date and time that better suits you.


I've got a laminate or solid wooden floor, what do I need to do to keep it maintained?

Laminated and solid wooden floors look great and really compliment the design of your home, however it's important to look after them so they don't become damaged over time. Make sure you wipe up any spillages straight away so they don't warp the floor. To prevent scratches to you flooring when furniture is being moved, make sure that you've stuck felt pads to chair feet

Where can I get buildings & contents insurance from?

It's always best to shop around and not let your auto cover renew as this can cost you a lot more money than going back to the marketplace. There's a number of comparison sites and specialist providers you can find online as a starting point. You could also ask your park manager or neighbours for a recommendation with who they use. 

With your Platinum Seal Warranty you're eligible for a 10% introductory discount from the administrators of the scheme, Park Home Assist Insurance Services. You can contact them on 01604 946795 for a quote. 

For holiday lodge insurance, contact My Holiday Home Insurance which are part of the same group. You can contact them on 01604 946787 for a quote.

You can also contact Leisuredays for insurance on your park home and your holiday lodge. You can contact them on 0800 43 34 989 for a quote. 

How do I look after my appliances?

Make sure you always follow manufacturer guidelines when cleaning/maintaining your appliances. The appliance manuals are placed within a ring binder folder which will be left within the home. If you’re unsure about what cleaning products to use we recommend checking with the manufacturer. 

My floor squeaks/makes noises when I walk on it is this normal?

Your floor is made from timber so during periods of hot and cold weather it will expand and contract as it gradually changes shape and can make more noise than normal. If you're within your first five days of occupying your home then you can highlight this on your first snagging list and we will inspect. If you're outside this period and still have concerns, we can inspect this as part of your Annual Inspection if you book this additional service through our Customer Care department. A letter will be sent nearer your first year anniversary of occupying the home, but if you have any queries, please do contact us on 01933 230107 or email [email protected]


What's a "snag"?

A snag is an industry term for a problem, fault or defect with your home. We have strict quality guidelines to ensure that your home is built to the highest possible standard. Unfortunately, sometimes there are issues that we need to sort for you. These are usually minor like a scratched door or chipped paintwork on the skirting board. 

When you move into your home you'll need to inspect it and report any issues to us within five days of occupancy. Anything not reported after this time may not qualify for rectification.

To help you with completing your snag list we've created a template that you can download, complete and email to us, you can download this form here. Please then email this to our Customer Care team at [email protected] who will process this into a job sheet for our engineers, and schedule a convenient appointment for them to attend and rectify these matters. 

What do I do if something is missing/damaged after my warranty has expired?

In the unlikely situation you find something wrong with your home/lodge - missing items and damaged items are covered under warranty for 15 days from despatch. Unfortunately, if anything missing or damaged is reported outside of this timescale, we will not be able to repair or replace this.  However, we may be able to help provide you with our supplier’s contact details and you could re-purchase this from them directly. Alternatively, you may wish to contact a local trades person to repair this for you. 

I’ve got a broken/damaged item included in the home/lodge furnishings, what should I do?

If reported to our Customer Care team within 15 days from despatch this will be covered under the warranty provided with the home.

If after this time, please contact our customer care team who will try to provide you with supplier’s details and any names/ product codes so that you can purchase a replacement directly. This will depend on what the item is and whether our supplier is open to trade with the public. Please note that depending on availability of the item, we may not always be able to find a matching replacement for you to purchase.


How do I submit my warranty snagging list?

We're sorry that you've got issues with your home. So that we can investigate and rectify them you'll need to submit your list in writing to us. You can email them to [email protected] or send them via the post to:

Customer care
Tingdene Homes Ltd
45-49 Bradfield Road
Finedon Road Industrial Estate

Please make sure that you include your home serial number on your snagging list so we can see your specification on our system. 

if you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to call Customer Care on 01933 230136

I've damaged my bedroom furniture or want addition pieces, am I able to buy these from you?

All our bedroom furniture is built specifically for the homes that are going through our production line. We're sorry but we aren't able to produce any additional pieces after your home has been built

Do you offer maintenance services to comply with my warranty?

To maintain the validity of your warranty you need to inspect your home and complete various maintenance tasks every year. You also need to document the work which was completed and keep this on record in the unfortunate event of you needing to make a claim.

To take the headache out of all of this we offer an Annual Inspection service which will leave you with peace of mind that everything has been done correctly; after all, we know your home better than anyone else.

For £195 inc VAT we will inspect and rectify any exterior cracks, re-seal around your doors and windows, clear your gutters of any debris, clear your vents of any debris, check your roof tiles, check your loft space for any signs of damp, inspect and tighten your axle stands and check your chassis for any rust which will be cleaned/repainted if required. We'll also point out anything else to you that we feel could be a problem whilst we're at your property. 

In addition to this service we also offer a colourwash service to stucco finished homes at 24 months from occupancy, this will ensure the outside of your home looks fresh and removes the visibility of any build-up of dirt or debris that may have gathered on your home. However, we're only able to offer this service if you have previously employed us to complete a 12 month Annual Inspection on your home. If you are interested in this service call our customer care department on 01933 230107 or email [email protected]

Can I purchase replacement or additional kitchen units, doors or drawers?

Yes you can, our kitchens are supplied by Symphony who are the UK's largest privately owned manufacturer of kitchens. Just get in contact with them directly on 01226 446000 or visiting their website.

Where is my water stopcock?

You'll usually have two ways of turning off the water to your property. The first one will be inside your home, this is usually under the kitchen sink, the second will be outside your property, you'll need to speak to your park manager if you need to find this one.

Do I have to maintain my home/lodge?

To ensure that you have no future problems with your home/lodge it is important that you look after the property by carrying out some basic maintenance as you would a bricks and mortar home.

Some of these maintenance requirements are mandatory to retain the validity of your 10-year warranty. We do recommend that you read the Home Owner Information booklet for more information and to provide total peace of mind.

We also provide an Annual Inspection package at the end of the first year to help you maintain your home/lodge. A letter will be sent to the occupier offering this service as they approach their first anniversary of occupying the home. 

If you would like further information about maintaining your home/lodge please contact our Customer Care team.